Friday, March 21, 2014

Best Day Ever

.....well at least for a long time.  :)

It's been a hard winter!  And not just the weather.  I've really been struggling to be thankful and not dwell on the problems. I KNOW we have a lot to be thankful for, I just don't always feel it.  But today it seemed so easy!!

Today, it was 65 or so, sunny and not so windy that it still felt cold, which is a rare combination in these parts.

The girls played outside for awhile.

 
 
                                                                 the daffodils will be up soon

I did quite a bit of Spring cleaning, well, let's be honest, mostly Spring organizing and sprucing up and a little cleaning.

I made a wreath to hang above the chalkboard wall.  Being at the bottom of the stairs, the black wall can sometimes look like a dark cave.

 

I painted my toe nails and wore flip flops. :)

I got the seeds lined up that can be planted soon.  Today would have been perfect, but we are having some guests tonight and so the inside straightening was a little more important.  I'm hoping I can talk Cameron into it tomorrow, even though it will be 20 degrees colder and it may rain tonight so he may get out of it anyway.


I saw this idea here.


We made Ina's split pea soup and homemade bread and cornbread.  The bread is to bribe them to eat the soup.  It's good, but let's face it, it's split peas not chili or pizza.  A little bribery helps. 

Kate asked while we were eating if God was eating too. 
 



 Now the sun is going down and my toes are getting cold again.

Ahh, it was nice while it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. Spring really is on its way! Yay!
    I can't believe how much your flowers have come up! They are going to be beautiful!
    What cornbread recipe do you use? Don't tell me gluten free! :)

    ReplyDelete