Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Day of Blessings

Some days are hard.  Some days are wonderful, maybe even perfect.  Most days are a mixture of a little bit of both hard moments and wonderful ones too.

Yesterday morning was somewhat stressful just because I simply had a lot on my mind that couldn't seem to let go of.  Nothing bad happened, the girls were great, it was just in my head.

After lunch Callie brought the mail in and there was a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  I thought it had been put in the wrong box, but then there was a card that said I had been given a gift subscription.  From Cameron's parents.  That made me smile and I was thankful for their kindness and love towards me.

Later in the day, I received an e-mail telling me I had been given the gift of an e-book that I have been very anxious to read.  Not just the book, but the whole package deal with a journal and some podcasts.  That made me smile and tear up at the same time.

Then the icing on the cake.....sometime last year I had bought two different knitting patterns on line.  They were sent to my computer but I had not made them yet nor had I printed them.  A few months ago the computer sort of crashed and I can not get any of the pdf files to come up or print or anything.  I notified the sellers and both honored my purchases and resent the patterns.

Ultimately, these blessings are from my loving God.  Yes, he sends trials, but he doesn't send trials with out blessings!


Then there's these kinds of blessings.....this picture just makes me so happy.  Pure joy!

{Thank you Kelly for capturing the moment!}

1 comment:

  1. Blessings all mine, with ten thousand besides... right? :) I so enjoy reading your blog, my friend. You are one of my blessings.

    You really do have great in-laws, too. They continually do thoughtful things for you and the girls. Another of your many blessings. I'm going to have to come by and look through the magazine with you.

    And yay for the e-book! Fun! You are good about staying consistent with reading. It really pays off.

    Have a great day!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete