Monday, August 31, 2015

{In the Kitchen}

First up, shampoo.  Yes, shampoo in the kitchen.

I've been making our own shampoo for a couple of months now.   It's super easy and inexpensive.  You may be thinking "why bother?".

Well there are four reasons.  Two people in our house have some scalp issues, one person in our house has major allergy issues and the fourth person does not want to buy expensive, all natural shampoo or harsh chemically loaded dandruff shampoo.

I found this recipe, but I do not use the herbs.  It is super fast to mix up and I love this recipe because it still lathers up nicely, which a lot of the all natural products do not.  The verdict is still out on whether or not it will kick the dandruff, I'm still playing around with which oils are best for that, but it sure feels good and the price is right.



Also over the weekend we made gluten free apple pie.  I used a mix for the crust, Bob's Red Mill, and it was really good!  I'll admit that I was skeptical, but it was really, really good.  Callie has been begging for pie for ages and I just kept putting it off thinking that it wouldn't be any good.  It was fun though and I'm going to teach her how to make regular crust soon.  I used to make pies all the time but had stopped because of the wheat issue and life just gets busy.  But, life's too short not to have pie on a semi regular basis!

 



1 comment: